Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: One simple question

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: One simple question
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:59:53 -0400

Murtuza wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I think I have started to get a picture of what it really is. I want to implement a Direct Sequence Spread spectrum application for my work

I also was working on a DSSS implementation.  Our chip rate was around
3 Mcps.  The software had no trouble generating this rate in sw on an
Intel 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo processor.

as I want to use it to implement a ad hoc
network. I thought that, one could be implemented using Gnuradio and USRPs. I actually wanted to work towards generating a block that would generate PN sequences at the rate of 2Mbps for my work. I will be using gold codes as the PN sequences.

Is it possible to purely implement in software instead of programming the FPGA. As the rate is only 2Mbps isn't it possible to implement in software only given we have a good computer to work with ?

I have written a GnuRadio source block that is a Gold Code generator.
you're welcome to the code if you're interested.