Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any tutorials (documentation) about gr-radar-mono

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any tutorials (documentation) about gr-radar-mono
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:45:14 -0800

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 16:39 +0100, Bruhtesfa Ebrahim wrote:

> Is there any tutorial (documentation) that explains in detail
> gr_radar_mono and other gnu radio packages?
> I look on GNU radio 3.0svn documentation but it has no details. is
> there any other that has more details?

There is a README inside the directory that explains the command-line
parameters.

But I'll warn you ahead of time that, based on a prior email where you
said you were looking at targets 10 meters away, that this software
won't work for you.

Without going in to detail, the minimum range is about 200m, based on
transmitting a long enough chirp and the time it takes to switch from TX
to RX.

Just FYI, however, this software was able to image targets 1.5 km away,
using an RFX2400, a 3W PA, and a horn antenna.

-Johnathan