[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: not able to run grc

From: Somya Ajmera
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: not able to run grc
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 04:12:53 +0100

Josh Blum wrote:
> Tushar Patel wrote:
>> Thanks Josh
>> after typing all export I able to run GRC.
>>
>> Now my question is , in previous GRC, we got help like color- for
>> float, complex, number, query for usrp board
>> But Here I do not able to find such help,
>>

> Usrp probe exists:
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Execution
>
> And there are menu items for grc and usrp probe if your OS supports it:
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#InstallingIconsMimeTypeandMenuItems
>
> The keyboard short cuts are listed in the menus. Other short cuts are
> listed here: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#UsageTips
>
> The color help menu, sorry, that got lost along the way. Most blocks
> have an output/input type that will tell you. I will add the color table
> back in somehow. In the meantime, blue=complex, red=float, green=int,
> yellow=short, purple=byte/char
>
> -josh
>

>> Also how can i remove my previous version of gnuradio3.1.3, or no need
>> to remove it.
>>

> if you have the old build directory from 3.1.3, run sudo make uninstall
> this will also remove files that you want, so...
> then in your current gnuradio build directory, run sudo make install
>

> -Josh

Hi Josh, I am facing the same problem as Tushar did. I am getting an
error as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/grc", line 25, in <module>
    from gnuradio.grc.platforms.base.Constants import VERSION
ImportError: No module named grc.platforms.base.Constants
address@hidden /]#

I also tried the path solution which you mentioned in the earlier post,
but it didn't worked for me. I had installed the latest version of GNU
radio (gnuradio-3.2) and was trying to run GRC. Can you please help me
for this.

Also I was wondering that is it possible to see the source code
associated with the flow graph that we make in GRC? or the source code
of the specific block such as BPSK modulator?

Thanks & Regards,
Somya Ajmera