[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem downloading firmware to USRP

From: Natalia Olano
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem downloading firmware to USRP
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:27:36 +0200

Hello all,

I am using a USRP Rev. 4.5 that has been working perfectly for a while
with gnuradio trunk rev. 10786. Suddenly I started getting the error:
usrp: failed to find usrp[0] when I try to run any gnuradio code. For
example, the output of usrp_test_loopback.py:

$> usrp_test_loopback.py
usrp: failed to find usrp[0]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/usrp_test_loopback.py", line 65, in <module>
    main ()
  File "/usr/local/bin/usrp_test_loopback.py", line 58, in main
    tb = build_graph ()
  File "/usr/local/bin/usrp_test_loopback.py", line 45, in build_graph
    usrp_tx = usrp.sink_s (0, tx_interp)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp/usrp_swig.py",
line 2776, in sink_s
    return _usrp_swig.sink_s(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: can't open usrp

I have noticed that the LED of the USB controller is always blinking
at 3 Hz and never slows down. If I understand right from the FAQ, this
must mean the regular firmware is not properly downloaded. Could
anyone help me solve this?

Thanks in advance
--
Natalia Olano