Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ubuntu package problem?

From: Qi Chen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ubuntu package problem?
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:02:13 -0400

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 13:44, Jordan J Riggs<address@hidden> wrote:

I'm attempting to run gr-sounder on Ubuntu 9.04, using the 3.2 release from
the Ubuntu gnuradio repository. The core gnuradio packages seem to work
fine, but when I run usrp_sounder.py, I get an error indicating that the
sounder module cannot be imported. Cross-checking against an installation on
another machine (compiled from source), I see that gr-sounder includes a
file called sounder.py, which is not present in the Ubuntu repository
install. Out of curiosity, I tired running the gr-radar-mono, but got a
similar import error. Any ideas?

This is a packaging bug, thanks for the report.

The gr-radar-mono missing file issue is already fixed in package
version 3.2.1-1.  You should use apt-get or the Update Manager app to
upgrade.

The gr-sounder missing file issue you are reporting has a similar
cause, and will be fixed for package version 3.2.1-2, in the next day
or so.

Johnathan