Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fundamentals of block-connections, message queue

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fundamentals of block-connections, message queue etc.
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:32:57 -0400

As far as the usrp->gnuradio block goes - the frame to stream
'conversion' happens in the usrp (or usrp2) source block (and on the
tx side that similarly gets hidden by the sink block). You can look in
the gr-usrp (or gr-usrp2) directories to see how that happens. But in
general, you don't have to worry about what format the samples get
to/from the usrp in, that's taken care of by the gr-usrp blocks.

For learning about some of the basics of GNURadio, I'd recommend
looking at some of the simpler examples (802.11 is not the simplest
standard to deal with) in the gnuradio-examples directories (the
digital-bert example for example).

--
Doug Geiger