Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio companion newbie problem

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio companion newbie problem
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:36:21 -0800

It looks like you have multiple versions of gnuradio installed. The grc bin script is recent, but an older version of the gr library is taking precedent over the newer version.

Purge your file system of all gnuradio stuff, and reinstall the version that you want... preferably from the git repo :-)

$git clone http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git

-Josh

address@hidden wrote:
Hi everyone.

Finally I was able to install gnuradio (last version) on ubuntu 9.04!
I tried some examples running them manually and they worked.
I never used the gnuradio companion so i wanted to try it.. I digited grc on the bash and getting the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/grc", line 45, in <module>
    """%gr.version()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'version'

I checked on synaptics and looked like grc was not installed... so I installed it from synaptic but still I have the same error.

Anyone got any clue?

Thanks for your help!