Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SBCs with GiGE

From: David Evans
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SBCs with GiGE
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 18:05:32 +0000

Not sure about cheap-ish, but have a look at the Toradex Robin NanoCOM SBC & Daisy daughterboard.

I have one, very compact, cheapish at under 300 Euros?, and a quick test today with my USRP2, running the usrp rx samples program (the one in host/apps!), I was able to capture complex samples with a decimation of 7 with no overruns (captured into RAM, as I don't have a hard disk and boot from flash).

I tried an EeeBox (Z270) initially, and when it did work (very unreliable detection of the USRP2), could only manage the occasional reliable capture with a decimation of 128.

Just some thoughts, but I am also very interested in others experiences with USRP2 and compact SBCs.

Cheers,
Dave

Marcus D. Leech wrote:
Are there any SBCs (Single Board 'Pooters) out there that are:

    o compact
    o cheap-ish
    o Have 1 GiGE on them "for real"?