Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnu Radio and Mode S (1090 MHz)

From: Andrew Rich
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnu Radio and Mode S (1090 MHz)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:52:03 +1000

Thanks Nick

I have some more questions if I may

1) What determines the bandwidth of the daughter boards for USRP ?
2) Where do you connect if you want to bypass the RF board and connect at base band ?
3) Will I be able to achieve what I want to achieve on openSUSE linux ?
4) When you talk about "code" what language ?
5) What is a trunk when you talk about gnu ? is that the software base ?
6) I assume I can get an RF board and do 1030 MHz as well ?
7) Can I use perl to do any of this ?
8) Would someone be able to guide me through this.
9) Is a "PC" suitable and quick enough to keep up with the signals ? Does the USRP and code lag or is there plenty of time left over ?

Andrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Foster" <address@hidden>