Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB Help Needed!

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB Help Needed!
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 10:27:37 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to write my own application in C language that will communicate with the USRP device. I am able to communicate with the USB port but I don't know what sequence of commands the USRP device will understand to work. Does any one have any documentation on how to make it work? And is there any way that I can use gnuradio's usb code in my application?

Hi Adnan,

There is documentation about how to use a USRP- object in the doxygen- generated api- pages at
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/index.html

I haven't found that much code that is c++- specific in the usrp- objects, although I saw a note some time ago
about the possibility to template the usrp2- data handler.

In any case you should look into the usrp_{source | sink}_x classes.

There is a lack of c/c++ examples in the gnuradio source- tree, but the swig- mapping of functions from c++ to python is straight forward. You should be able to look at how USRPs are set up in Python and do almost the same thing in c/c++.

BR
Mattias Kjellsson