Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio under Ubuntu under Parallels on MacPro d

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio under Ubuntu under Parallels on MacPro dual Quad core
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:10:36 -0700

I believe that the usrp2 gnuradio driver has a linux specific packet ring, and therefore wont work on a bsd environment.

you may want to try the uhd, its using userspace sockets so it should function cross-platform: http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

-josh

On 05/16/2010 04:34 PM, Harley Myler wrote:
Hello all,

I have gnuradio running per se.

I have seen an error "USRP2 failed to enable real-time scheduling". Does that
mean that I have a configuration issue with Ubuntu and the ethernet system?

The MacPro has two ethernet ports, one is connected to the Internet (eth0) and
the other to the USRP2 (eth1).

I tell each routine to use eth1 (with the -e option) and that seems to work.

I believe at this juncture that the computer is talking to the USRP2 and that
the WBX is correctly configured. I received the following output from USRP2
Probe:

USRP2 Probe

MAC Addr:
        00:50:c2:85:36:cc

Name (ID):
        83

Converter Rate:
        100000000 Hz

Gain Range (min, max, step size):
        0.0
        31.5
        0.5

Freq Range (min, max):
        68750000.0 Hz
        220000000.0 Hz

The program usrp2_fft.py shows no spectrum.

CONFIDENTIALITY: Any information contained in this e-mail (including
attachments) is the property of The State of Texas and unauthorized disclosure
or use is prohibited. Sending, receiving or forwarding of confidential,
proprietary and privileged information is prohibited under Lamar Policy. If you
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail
from your system.