Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build GNU Radio on Mac OS X 10.6.4 for

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build GNU Radio on Mac OS X 10.6.4 for USRP2
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:54:26 +0400

Hi Josh,

On Jul 14, 2010, at 9:33 PM, Josh Blum wrote:

> Well, I have build it on the mac. I just used standard makefiles to build. I
> got my dependencies from installable web packages and mac ports. If you have
> installed gnuradio, then you probably have all the dependencies. I didnt try
> the xcode project file generation with cmake.
>
> The driver is able to talk to the usrp2, however, I just noticed that since i
> put the code in to resize the buffer, that mac osx gives error: no buffer
> space available. There seems to a sysctl to resize the incoming udp buffer
> size but it wont let me go as high as 50MB, and I cant find a sysctl for the
> send buffer. I will probably put some code in to conditionally disable the
> buffer resizing on mac until its figured out.

When I run ./configure, usrp2 and gr-usrp2 doesn't get built. What should I do
to get past this, since there is a check to see if the host OS is linux, and it
aborts building the usrp2 and gr-usrp2 components.

checking whether host_os is linux*... no
configure: USRP2 currently requires Linux host OS, not found
Not building component usrp2.
Component gr-usrp passed configuration checks; building.
Component gr-usrp2 requires usrp2, which is not being built or specified via
pre-installed files.
Not building component gr-usrp2.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
usrp2
gr-usrp2
gr-gcell
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-oss
gr-audio-windows
gr-comedi
gr-qtgui

These components will not be built.

Configured GNU Radio release v3.3.1git-30-g278b6db3 for build.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson