Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NanoSail-D turns out isn't lost!

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NanoSail-D turns out isn't lost!
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:07:10 -0500

On 01/21/2011 01:54 PM, Patrik Tast wrote:
Hi All,

Is it linear polarized, if so which?
If not, then which circular polarisation?

I don't know, but this, from the Nansat-D mission dashboard, is not very hopeful:

STATUS: NanoSail-D ejected on 1/17/11 at approximately 1900 PST.  Beacon data was routinely received by the public throughout the world from 1/19-21/11, and telemetry indicates that the sail deployed on schedule.  As of early morning PST on 1/21/11, no beacon packets are being received.  This combined with a plunging battery voltage may mean that NanoSail-D is effectively out of power.  The ops team and amateur radio operators around the world are still making attempts to make contact with the spacecraft.

We will be tracking the de-orbiting of NanoSail-D over the next few months, and we will post any available visual photographs of the satellite, which are being collected by the mission team at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center."

Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium