Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How UHD, GNURadio and USRP are bound together.

From: Florian Eugen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How UHD, GNURadio and USRP are bound together.
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:49:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi, mr. Josh,

    I have installed that USB driver before. When I connect USRP1 to the PC and power it up I get in Device Manager a device called "libusb (WinUSB) devices" in location: "Location 0 (USB Device)", so driver is installed and it says "This device is working properly.".

  OK, I start a command prompt, go to the folder (e:\CodeCenter\Environment\UHD\bin) that contains the uhd_usrp_probe.exe and uhd_find_devices.exe.

  I write uhd_find_devices no result, then I write uhd_find_devices --args="type=usrp1", no result, I don't get any error, I don't get anything, like when trying t without connecting the USRP1 to PC, no error, nothing.

  So, I don't know where could be the problem, and I start to have less hope that I will ever start to develop any application using USRP1 on Windows.

Use %UHD_IMAGE_PATH% for a non-standard path

  thank you very much, I'm really blind, it was there and I didn't saw it.
    Anyway I think that there would be necessary a step by step guide (put certain files in a folder, give paths, test it with ..., if it's not working try this or that) for those type of people like me if there's any. Maybe I'm the most stupid here because not beeing able to start my USRP1.
     Thanks mr. Josh for your answers. I wish you a nice day.

Best reards,
Florian Eugen.