Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Ethernet link Issues

From: Praveen Vikram
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Ethernet link Issues
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:39:22 -0400

Thanks again Josh.

I re-flashed the the SD card with the images from: http://www.ettus.com/downloads/uhd_releases/003_000_000/images
I downloaded the corresponding .deb file and installed it using dpkg.
Set the UHD_IMAGE_PATH to /usr/share/uhd/images (where the .deb file installed the bin files to)

Now when I turn on the USRP2, the LED's light up in the same sequence as in the video, with one change.
The green light on the left of the Ethernet lights up faintly before the LED sequence and goes out.

Still no messages from the USRP2 on wireshark and am not able to find any UHD devices either.

but when I typed dmesg on my computer after opening up wireshark it showed this:
[10100.838314] dumpcap uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)
[10113.980644] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[10309.030910] bnx2: eth0 NIC Copper Link is Down

Is there something wrong with my gigabit interface driver?
or Is my USRP2 bricked (is this possible)?

Thanks again for the help,
Praveen