Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about E100

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about E100
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:03:36 -0400 (EDT)

If you're interested modifying the base image beyond what's provided you'll need to get familiar with OpenEmbedded.  It's essentially a complete embedded framework for cross compilation, filesystem generation, and whatever embedded coolness you're interested in.  The E100 has a Gumstix Overo board which contains a TI OMAP3530 which contains an Armv7 GPP and a C64x+ Texas instrument fixed point DSP ... basically no x86.  you would need to get familiar with how to use OpenEmbedded to target the gumstix overo which is fairly well supported.

I know Philip is providing images which also allow you to download installation packages using opkg so people won't have to mess with OpenEmbedded ... I'll leave further commenting to Philip.

al fayez