[Discuss-gnuradio] gr.file_sink issue

From: hasanimam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.file_sink issue
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 16:09:25 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I am using gr.file_sink(itemsize, filename) to capture the raw data using
usrp2 in GRC. When I converted the binary data file from octave, I get
something like the following.

(0.0000469,0)
(0,0)
(0,0)
(0, 5.69e-05)
(0,0)
(0,0)
(0,0)
(0,0)
(0,0)
(0,0)
(2.46e-4, 5.34e-6)
  .
  .
  .

What does the above data mean? What do I need to do to get the dB format
data?
Its a continuous process of sensing, what do I need to do to stop the
sensing?
I am using the following command in GRC.

a = gr.file_sink(self.fft_size, "output.dat")
self.connect(self.u, a)

>From Octave, I am using the following command to get the raw data.
b = read_float_binary('output.dat');
save myfile.txt b;

The output is save in a txt format in myfile.

I would really appreciate your help in this regard.