Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] raised cosine filter taps implementation

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] raised cosine filter taps implementation
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:26:31 -0500

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Nowlan, Sean <address@hidden> wrote:

Because I need a raised cosine filter. If I convolve root raised cosine filter coefficients with themselves (generated with gr_firdes), do I need to apply a scaling factor?

Ok, but my question was Why do you need a raised cosine filter? I'm just curious about what applications use this instead of RRC filters?

Tom