Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dynamically changing delay in gr_delay (or histor

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dynamically changing delay in gr_delay (or history in any gr_block)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:19:24 -0800

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 16:44, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

But clearly, there's some brokenness there, and it's not clear to *me* how to fix it, although I desperately want dynamically-settable
 gr_delay() blocks to work as well, for some interferometry work.

Sorry, I've been buried in some commercial projects that haven't left me with much time to look at the issue more in depth.

I can confirm that dynamically changing the delay in gr_delay does not (and never has) worked.  The fix for this is not that complex but it would be a change in the runtime that would need a lot of regression testing.

In the FIR-based delay scenario, it would be useful to know if there is a difference between changing the taps from, say [0, 0, 0, 0, 1] to [0, 0, 1], so the taps end up changing length, or changing the position of the 1 but leaving trailing 0's so the tap length would remain the same.

Johnathan