Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 21:13:40 -0600

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 09:45:12AM -0800, Josh Blum wrote:

> >> Since there is no pc file, you have to manually point cmake to the
> >> libusb1.0 install. You might try this (I assume thats the correct lib):
> >>
> >> cmake -DLIBUSB_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include
> >> -DLIBUSB_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/libusb.so <src_dir>
> >
> > We are still talking about FreeBSD 8.x here, there IS NO libusb-1.0!
> >

> Doesnt matter. There is a libusb 1.0 compatible header. Tell cmake how
> to find it with the command above; uhd will configure usb support and
> compile.

Ok, so I tell cmake how to find libraries where unix normally puts them
and it makes. Now the gnuradio cmake build finds uhd but fails the
realtime stuff. Disabling gruel gets it past that and it makes. On to
install....

> But can the library talk to the usrp?

The FreeBSD 8.x libusb can talk to my USRP1 since my USRP1 was used during
the development of the libusb20 code. :)

As soon as I get the install issues worked, I'll have some info on 3.5.1.

I was building from the svn downloads and installing as a user. With
different sub-directories, I could get the next version working while
still able to run experiments using the previous version. Once the next
one worked and my code was ported, I could switch to that.

I routinely run projects under FreeBSD 8.2 and the GnuRadio 3.2.2 port which
Diane did using a machine other than the one I am currently using to try to
get 3.5.1 working. The grc with that has recently failed, probably due
to some other program upgrade so that is still on my list.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net