Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Leading Institutes or Universities in SDR

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Leading Institutes or Universities in SDR
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:40:30 +0100

Daniel,

never mind, you wrote "planning on pursuing a PhD". I missed that. :-)

Just my two cents: SDR is a mix of RF/communication engineering +
signal processing + (Matlab/Python/.../C++/C/Assembler/FPGA) programming.
Any graduate program that provides you with these skills will allow
you to do everything in SDR, even if it doesn't have the "SDR"-tag
on it (which really is more of a sales term, for building any radio today
you probably need the skill set above).

Jens

Am 08.03.2012 21:35, schrieb Daniel Fiske:
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Philip Balister  wrote:

On 03/08/2012 06:30 PM, Daniel Fiske wrote:
> Hi, Guys!
>
> I am planning on pursing my PHD degree in a leading university in
Software
> Defined Radio research. I know VT is a reputed institute in SDR
research.
> Are there any other good universities which are also focusing on
SDR
> development and research? Please give me some suggestions!
Thanks!

If you are interested in a European University, look at KIT in
Karlsruhe, Germany. The just put on the excellent WSR12 workshop
and I
met several of the students, they are all good people!

http://www-int.etec.uni-karlsruhe.de/seiten/conferences/wsr12/ [1]

Philip

Hi Philip

Thank you for your suggestion, but I am currently looking for some
universities in US... Do you have any other thoughts? thanks!

Best,

Daniel

Links:
------