[Discuss-gnuradio] Packet encoder problem

From: huzaifazafar108
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet encoder problem
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 05:10:31 -0700 (PDT)

We are using the following setup for a point to point TX RX Path:

TX: File Source --> Packet Encoder --> DQPSK Modulator --> USRP Sink

RX: USRP Source --> DQPSK Demodulator --> Packet Decoder --> File Sink

We want to compute the BIT ERROR RATE for the process. We have figured out
(or rather assumed) that the packets which are not received properly on the
receiver end are DROPPED. Therefore, the received data file created has a
lesser size as compared to the source data file.

Since the packets with corrupted data bits are dropped, we can only get to
know about the packet error rate (and not the bit error rate). Please guide.

Best,
Huzaifa