Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet encoder problem

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet encoder problem
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:51:32 -0400

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM, huzaifazafar108
<address@hidden> wrote:

> We are using the following setup for a point to point TX RX Path:
>
> TX: File Source --> Packet Encoder --> DQPSK Modulator --> USRP Sink
>
> RX: USRP Source --> DQPSK Demodulator --> Packet Decoder --> File Sink
>
> We want to compute the BIT ERROR RATE for the process. We have figured out
> (or rather assumed) that the packets which are not received properly on the
> receiver end are DROPPED. Therefore, the received data file created has a
> lesser size as compared to the source data file.
>
> Since the packets with corrupted data bits are dropped, we can only get to
> know about the packet error rate (and not the bit error rate). Please guide.
>
> Best,
> Huzaifa

Check out the 'digital_bert_tx.py' and 'digital_bert_rx.py'  (bert =
Bit Error Rate Test) in gr-digital/exmaples/narrowband for this kind
of thing.

Make sure you update from Git beforehand. I just remember when
starting to reply that it uses an SNR estimator that was removed from
gnuradio-core into gr-digital. It should work now.

Tom