Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Porting new hardware to GNURadio

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Porting new hardware to GNURadio
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:19:20 +0200

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 05:37:16PM -0400, Getz, Robin wrote:
> Which brings me to the question:
>
> We already have Linux IIO drivers[8] for all the parts on the board
> (including
> the ADCs[9] and DACs[10]), and are just trying to determine how (if at all)
> this fits within the GNU Radio framework.

Hi Robin,

if you have the drivers, it should be a cakewalk to add sink/source
blocks.

> When I looked at things (which wasn't very long) - I didn't see much in terms
> of native / real time connections to a platform which was running Linux
> (PCIe, other other bus). Did I miss something?

What exactly do you mean? The standard GNU Radio source comes with (real
time capable) drivers for all the Ettus stuff (via UHD), Funcube Dongle,
soundcards and more (see also
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Hardware), plus there's
3rd-party stuff like Balint's drivers for RTL2832 TV tuners available on the
webs. These things connect to the PC via USB or GigE.

I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for, though.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)