Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk: Am I getting all that's available for ARM?

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk: Am I getting all that's available for ARM?
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 09:59:53 -0400

Some quick notes:

1) the mfloat_abi option controls which ARM abi is used for function
calls. hard lets the compiler return floats in "NEON" registers. soft
just means they are returned as addresses or something. The setting must
match the one used to build the root file system you are running.

2) Any feature detection that probes settings on the build machine is
broken. It will lead to failures for people cross compiling. I basically
try to force all instruction set settings for gnuradio for just this reason.

Philip