[Discuss-gnuradio] Async Packet Transmission with Unmodulated Carrier

From: Michael Berman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Async Packet Transmission with Unmodulated Carrier
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:13:42 -0700

I am attempting to transmit asynchronous packets in a precise manor using time tags, and at the same time transmit an unmodulated carrier while there are no packets being sent.  I am considering disconnecting the USRP sink from the packet path and connecting it to a signal source, however there are questions of timing involved with knowing when to do this reconnection.  This design is to digitally phase modulate the carrier of an AM signal and therefore cannot have gaps in the carrier signal.  I am wondering how this all would work with time tagged data and the unmodulated carrier, or would these two processes interfere with one another?  Also, if it could work, does anybody have any suggestions as to how it should be implemented?

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Michael Berman