[Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot add an additional parameter to custom block

From: jeroen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot add an additional parameter to custom block
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:57:14 +0100

Hi all,

I got my things working, up to the point where I decided that an additional parameter in my custom block would be very helpful. But for some reason, GRC keeps holding on to my previous version of the block with 3 parameters instead of my new one with 4 parameters. In the end, after numerous fails, I did the following:

* I deleted the existing block from my module using "gr_modtool rm MY_BLOCK"
* I deleted the build folder
* I added MY_BLOCK again using gr_modtool and filled in some additional C++ code
* I changed the XML file to reflect the additional parameter
* I deleted various files from /user/..., such that 'sudo make install' did not report files already up-to-date: everything was newly installed

In GRC the custom block shows the additional parameter (a bool, with options 'On' or 'Off'), but when trying to run GRC it reports:

"TypeError: Required argument 'XXX' (pos 4) not found".

It boils down to top_block.py, where I see a call to my block with only 3 parameters while in all files I can see, 4 parameters are defined. If I delete this file, it is of course regenerated with the same error. Somewhere a file resides which still has the previous definition of the block with only 3 parameters instead of the new one with 4 parameters and GRC relies on that.

Any ideas how to solve this are very welcome :-)

    Jeroen