Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Video Streaming Issue (most probably at receiving

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Video Streaming Issue (most probably at receiving end)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:40:00 +0100

Please ask these questions on the mailing list.

On 02/03/2014 12:44 PM, Syed Aqeel Raza wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Again, I did some more work and the details are as under.
>
> 1. I have created a single flowgraph without USRP hardware. For your
> reference the file is enclosed with the name of
> gmsk_file_transceiver.grc. This work fine and we can see the stream
> video output without any difficulty.

This does *not* mean your flowgraphs are working. I haven't been able to
check them, but there's many things that can go wrong over the air which
won't in a simulation.

> 2. To continue further I splitted the above mentioned file into
> transmitter and receiver side along with the inclusion of USRP source
> and sink blocks, respectively. Their flowgraphs are enclosed with the
> name of gmsk_tx.grc and gmsk_rx.grc, respectively. The FFT plot shows
> that (vdo transmission.png enclosed) transmitter and receiver handshakes
> with each other but the signal difference between the transmitter and
> the receiver side is 80 dB. I further noticed that whenever I stopped
> the transmission the received signal at the receiver further drops to
> -120 dB.

You are working with relative power levels here, so the dB values don't
mean that much.

Martin