Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PSK File transfer

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PSK File transfer
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:16:06 +0100

On 03/27/2014 05:15 PM, Stephen Andrew wrote:
> File source -> throttle -> file sink
>
> produces no data if repeat is off, and the sent file is small. If the
> sent file is large, it will produce some data, but not all of it.
> Removing the throttle doesn't seem to have an effect.
>
> For example, I sent a file of 19758 bytes across, and received 16384
> bytes on the output. My "small" file was 407 bytes, and I got 0 bytes on
> the output.

Hm, that's multiples of pages...
I see the same thing, though. When I switch off buffering, it's better,
although the file doesn't get propagated entirely. And the flow graph
doesn't terminate on it's own. Hmm...

> Maybe a bug with file sink/source? Is the source for those blocks easy
> to find?

Sure, in gr-blocks/lib/file_*.

> I still maintain that repeat is magical.

OK, you got us. We have a genie written into the code that only comes
out when repeat is on.