[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about receiving signals of Inmarsat I-4 Sat

From: Cheng Chi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about receiving signals of Inmarsat I-4 Satellites
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:41:09 +0800

Hi,

I am trying to receive signal from I-4 satellites of Inmarsat.

I found that I-4 satellites have one global beam with 25 KHz bandwidth and several regional beams with 50 KHz bandwidth. However, I have scanned through frequency band 1525-1559 MHz and haven't been able to find those beams.

Anyone has experience of receiving Inmarsat satellites? Which downlink frequency should I tune to?

I have tuned to frequencies listed on this website, still without any luck. http://www.uhf-satcom.com/lband/

Setup:
- USRP N210 + WBX
- LNA with 30dB gain (ZHL-1217MLN)
- Iridium antenna (I am not able to get specific antennas for Inmarsat...Iridium is at 1616 -1626.5 MHz and Inmarsat is at 1525-1559 MHz. I have used this antenna to capture signals around 1531 MHz successfully. I guess this antenna would not kill signals from Inmarsat.)

Best regards,
Cheng Chi