[Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between ofdm_txrx.py and benchmark ofdm pr

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between ofdm_txrx.py and benchmark ofdm program.
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 19:49:41 +0530

Hi,
    We are  experimenting with  ofdm transmission and reception. We are using benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py for transmission and reception in the examples folder of gnuradio ( /usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/ofdm). We are able to transmit and receive succesfully. Tracing the benchmark programs that we mentioned above, we found that it uses the ofdm.py program located at (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/digital) .

However, we see that there is another implementation of ofdm in ofdm_txrx.py and ofdm_receiver.py.

What is the difference between the two sets of implementations?

Why is the ofdm_txrx.py a hierarchial block?

--
Regards
Karan Talasila