[Discuss-gnuradio] DSRC demodulation with gr-ieee802_11

From: Jean-Baptiste Truffault
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DSRC demodulation with gr-ieee802_11
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:51:16 +0200

I'm new to Gnu Radio but I'm asked to demodulate a DSRC signal and I don't know how handle that. DSRC is used in Intelligent Vehicule Systems, it is modulated with OFDM int the 5.9Hz band and is based on the IEEE 802.11p standard.

On my first approach, I found some papers about the module gr-ieee802_11:
https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/towards_an_open_source_ieee_802_11p_stack/
http://www.ccs-labs.org/bib/bloessl2013decoding/bloessl2013decoding.pdf
http://www.ccs-labs.org/bib/bloessl2013ofdm-tr/bloessl2013ofdm-tr.pdf

I installed the module as described here: https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11 and tried to use the examples/wifi_rx.grc file to start. Here begin my problem: using the same record_source_file, I have several results printed on my console. It's seems that the module cannot detect OFDM frames.

Is there something I missed to use gr-ieee802_11 module ?

I'm using Gnu Radio 3.7.2 with USRP N210, my record_source_file is sampled with 5Msps at 5.127 GHz.

Do not hesitate to ask if I missed some required information.

Thanks !