[Discuss-gnuradio] Small example - using UHD function

From: Simone Ciccia S210664
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Small example - using UHD function
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:39:28 +0200

Hello everyone,
It's a bit of time that I try to use the functions of class UHD, but
unfortunately without success.

I have prepared a small example in which you can reproduce the error
obtained when launching the simulation.

Since it makes use of gr-802.11 you need to install this library,
and also install the block that I created, folder gr-test_simone attached
here, the name of the code is using_uhd.
In short, this block should work as an AGC, in particular it reads the gain
from the USRP, processes, and writes the new value.
I would be very grateful if someone with a little patience can correct me
where I'm wrong!

-> Settings for using_uhd block,
alpha = damping constant = 0.001
reference = allowed_ADC_range^2 = 0,025 half dynamic  (full dynamic is 1)

obtained error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/simone/Scrivania/top_block.py", line 238, in <module>
    tb = top_block(address=options.address)
  File "/home/simone/Scrivania/top_block.py", line 76, in __init__
    self.test_simone_using_uhd_0 = test_simone.using_uhd(0.001, 0.025)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'using_uhd'

I think that the problem is how I use address in using_uhd_impl.cc when I
call the "sptr = make"!

Cordially,
Simone Ciccia