Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building BOOT.BIN for Zedboard to use with gnurad

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building BOOT.BIN for Zedboard to use with gnuradio-dev-image
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 13:59:14 -0500

On 12/09/2014 12:16 PM, Nick Foster wrote:
> A number of different distributions include a u-boot.elf suitable for the
> Zedboard. I'm not a linux boot expert, but u-boot seems pretty
> platform-agnostic when paired with a suitable FSBL.
>
> The images here include a u-boot.elf that works with Zedboard, ZC702,
> ZC706, etc.
> http://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-software/zynq_images
>
> Email me directly and I'll just send you the .elf if you're interested.

A pox on people using ancient stuff.

I think Sean wants to load an fpga image early in the boot process.

Try the image I posted a few days ago and drop a file called fpga.bin in
the FAT partition. U-boot SPL will load that fpga.bin file then load u-boot.

You can now build the fsbl directly from u-boot but dropping the ps7*
files in the right place. (See the OE recipe for how that is done there,
and copy if you are building u-boot from Xilinx git)

My understanding is the current release of Xilinx tools will give you
ps7 files with a license that is compatible with the GPL.

Philip