[Discuss-gnuradio] Custom Blocks not being found

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Custom Blocks not being found
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 11:40:31 -0800

I've noticed lately that I can't just compile and install custom blocks and have them show up in grc. I've had to add a GRC_BLOCKS_PATH environment variable that points to the location of my custom blocks folder to make them discoverable.

Isn't the sudo make install process supposed to copy the required files to known places that gnuradio can find them so I don't have to worry about this? For example, I do see the custom blocks .xmls in the /usr/local/share/gnurado/grc/blocks directory after installing.

To make sure I'm not being silly and forgetting something, here is my process:

1) Create a new block in a random directory with gr_modtool and get ready to compile and install

2) Create a build directory and do the following from within build:

cmake ..
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

3) Re-open grc and see your new blocks in the library

Is this a bug or am I overlooking something? Could it be related to using the new pybombs?

Rich