Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dive into gnu-radio

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dive into gnu-radio
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:55:55 -0700 (MST)

You are not in the same boat, by far.  I'm an EE RF/MW hardware guy with zero
formal software training (other than a FORTRAN undergrad course requirement;
if that hints to my age).  SDR is a rather new field that requires a LOT of
cross discipline; it's software + radio.  I have been  messing with GR for a
few years, and have halted until I teach myself C++, which I'm 1/2 way
through my book.  I have done some fun stuff with GRC and Python, but need
C++ to go further.

For DSP I would suggest Richard Lyons book.  That will cover sampling,
filtering, etc..  Really good book.

For digital comms try Benard Sklar's book.  That will tell you why you want
an RRC filter.  Grad school level book, but it's all in there.

Really just have to buckle down and hit the books  I'm having to do it with
the software side.

Lou

Desmond Crozby wrote