[Discuss-gnuradio] Block Thread question

From: Gavin Jacobs
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block Thread question
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 15:09:40 +0000

I am writing a block which takes a PDU input and produces a stream output. I used a source block template with zero stream inputs, one message input, and one stream output. I have implemented a message handler and I can see my messages are being received. I need to pass data from the PDU message handler to work(). I looked at the code for PDU_to_tagged_stream and it appears that they use a private member (d_curr_len) to communicate from the message handler to work - which implies that the message handler and work are on the same thread. Is this correct? i.e. can I use a plain FIFO queue from message handler to work, or do I need a thread safe queue?

Thanks,

Jake