Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] run gnuradio on mac

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] run gnuradio on mac
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 11:28:55 -0400

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016, at 11:25 PM, w xd wrote:
I have installed the gnuradio on my mac pc(mac os sierra).I have two questions:

Welcome to GR on Mac!

1.When I run some grc example,the grc will post a error.It said"missing xterm executable".How to solve it?

If you used the default 'port' settings, then you have to use X11.app or XQuartz.app to get GRC to work because it uses GTK +x11. The latest is at: < https://www.xquartz.org >. You can also use 'port' to install xorg-server, which will provide updates ... but, you still need the original .app installed.

    2.I want to install a desktop icon.I have find the command from the offical website"sudo grc_setup_freedesktop install" .But on my mac,I can't find the directory
"/libexec/gnuradio/" .

Can you point me to this info? To the best of my knowledge there is no "desktop icon" for GRC in Mac. - MLD