Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] run gnuradio on mac

From: Nate Temple
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] run gnuradio on mac
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 16:45:14 -0700

Hello:

This is a bit of a hack, but it will create a GRC icon on Mac :)

1. Create AppleScript ( Launchpad -> Script Editor ) with the single line of
(updating the path with correct username):
-------------

do shell script "/Users/username/grc.sh"

-------------

2. Save this AppleScript as "grc.app" with the File Format "Application" [
grc1.png ] This will create the "grc.app" package [ grc2.png ]

PNG image

PNG image

3. Create Bash script /Users/username/grc.sh with the content of (updating the
cd /Users/username path first):
-------------

#!/bin/bash
export PATH="/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH"
export PYTHONPATH="/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages"
export
PATH="/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:$PATH"

cd /Users/username/
/opt/local/bin/gnuradio-companion

-------------

4. Set to executable:

chmod +x /Users/username/grc.sh

5. Ctrl+Click on the "grc.app" package and select "Get Info".

6. Drag the attached "gnuradio.icns" over the Icon in the "Get Info" window,
highlighted in red in screen capture [ grc3.png ]. The mouse should switch to a
green plus sign. This will set the package Icon to the GR icon. [ grc4.png ]
and [ grc5.png ].

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

7. Drag the "grc.app" package to your toolbar. [ grc6.png ].

PNG image

You should now be able to click on the icon and it will set the env vars and
start up GRC.

Regards,
Nate Temple