Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion - ALSA

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion - ALSA
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:33:04 -0800

My guess is you have pulse audio installed but it won't let you use the
audio devices because you're not logged into the console on the pi3.

Type

  ps -ef | grep pulse

which should return entries similar to

  /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
  /bin/sh /usr/bin/start-pulseaudio-x11

Note, if pulse-audio is the problem, then you need to log into the
console and change your audio device to 'pulse' before trying it again.

-- Cinaed