Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio master and UHD RFNOC Version Issue

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio master and UHD RFNOC Version Issue
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 12:46:44 +0000

Hi John,
On Fri, 2018-05-25 at 06:39 -0600, John Medrano wrote:
> Thank you for the response.
>
> The issue that we have is that the latest UHD RFNOC version is not compatible
> with latest version of GNU Radio.

That's simply not true. UHD, to GNU Radio, is just a library.

> So I must either compile older version in with newer compiler,

the compiler version has little to nothing to do with this, luckily :)

> or downgrade to a version that is compatible with UHD RFNOC.

You need to use a UHD version that supports what you need (RFNoC); "UHD
RFNOC" is not a thing. RFNoC is an architectural aspect of the FPGA
designs running on some USRPs. So, you need an _UHD_ version that comes
with compatibility for these.

>  Upgrading UHD to latest version will not allow us to use RFNOC. I may be
> wrong, but that is my understanding.

You'll probably need to manually build UHD, anyway.
After that, you need to build GNU Radio against that UHD version.

Best regards,
Marcus