Re: "toll-free bridging"

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: "toll-free bridging"
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:54:23 +0000 (GMT)

I don't think this flamewar discussion is leading us anywhere, that is
why I am not answering to flames as it's just wasting time (both on my
and your part), and why I think most people are not answering.

Trying to forget about the flames :-) and trying to have a gentlemen
talk - there are some things I want to clear up -

If you want to write a C wrapper library for gnustep base, you are
welcome to do it - looks like a trivial job btw.

If you want to write from scratch a new Foundation library basing on
CF, you are not welcome as that is duplication of efforts - but I
can't stop you of course - you are free to do it if you want -
gnustep-make allows you to use an arbitrary foundation library.  The
new gnustep-make - which loads makefiles at run-time from the
$GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/Additional directory - even allows you to use an
arbitrary foundation library without having to modify gnustep-make -
you just need to provide your own makefile.

As I said, there are no plans to do anything of this kind on our part,
so if you want it you'll have to code it all yourself.