Re: Favored GNUstep Plattforms

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Favored GNUstep Plattforms
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:53:26 +0000

On Wednesday, November 21, 2001, at 04:12 PM, Kim Shrier wrote:

We use FreeBSD for GNUstep.  Since you are familiar with NeXT 3.2
which is based on BSD 4.3, you might find one of the BSD's easier
to deal with.  You will need to install the ports for ffcall, libxml2,
and libPropList before building GNUstep from source on FreeBSD.

I don't think you want libProbList ... GNUstep has never used it, and
wmaker has stopped using it ... so you would only want it if
you wish to install an old copy of wmaker for some reason.