Re: Look & feel, future plans

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Look & feel, future plans
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:37:28 +0100

On 2002-05-08 14:35:27 +0200 Peter Cooper <comrade-gs@obverse.com.au> wrote:

Hello,

The OpenStep way of building UIs using IB means that bolting on themes is
not going to be super-easy, especially when UI objects change size or shape,
left-right orientation etc.

Well I understand that if we want to provide UI objects of whatever size or
orientation,
a themable GNUstep backend will be a headache ... but I think the majority
of people will be very happy with UI of exactly the same size, but with
different
look (color, pixmap, gradients, etc.). At least I will be :)
So in this case (keeping same size), the wysiwyg/IB problem for widgets
placement
doesn't apply imho.

--
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com>