Re: Look & feel, future plans

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Look & feel, future plans
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:03:13 +0200

Jeff Teunissen wrote:

Only if you don't have a properly working window-manager ... when one
application is active all the menus of other applications are hidden, so
they never block each other.

This is not true.

In order for other applications' menus to disappear, a window in the current
application must become active. Until a window becomes active, the last
application's windows stay visible.

This is easily noticeable by starting Ink from GWorkspace. Ink starts up, and
GWorkspace's menus do not disappear. Create a new document; the blank text
window appears, and GWorkspace's menus vanish.

I noticed that too. It's certainly a bug an needs to be fixed. If I start GWorkspace Manager and then Gorm, the Gorm menu opens but the GWorkspace menu is behind it (and visible because it's wider). To get rid of the GWorkspace menu I need to click on a file window and then on a Gorm window.

I'm using:
---snip---
helge@dogbert:~> wmaker --version
Window Maker 0.80.0