Re: font_cacher no longer being built/installed??

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: font_cacher no longer being built/installed??
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:02:26 -0600

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Hi,
I had a deeper look into the X font problem. This is caused by the
massive restructuring that Adam is doing at the moment. As far as I can
tell from the changes he made to CVS and from his spares explainations
in mails, he is trying to move the drawing code from the current
PostScript oriented interface to a more MacOS X like way of drawing. How
this will be presented in the GUI front end is still not decided. And I
hope the Adam will soon supply is with more information on this.

I'm just trying to make them co-exist.

As part of the changes the XGState method setFont: has been replaced by
a new method GSSetFont: but the implementation on XGState has not been
changed. I think that this should just do the same as the old setFont:
method. But I am not that sure. Also the new GSSetFontSize: method looks
plain wrong to me as it ignores its argument. But than again as already
noted I don't fully understand Adams new concept.

Well I'm not always right, so it's ok to criticize. Here I was wrong.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you