Re: ANNOUNCE : HelpViewer 0.1

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE : HelpViewer 0.1
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:15:39 +0100

On 2003-01-21 11:52:58 +0100 Andreas Heppel <aheppel@web.de> wrote:

Looks like you're Right :) It is a kind of extended tooltips with lots of
clicking and pressing keys involved. Probably a relict from some old
pre-tooltip time. I have never seen Next/OpenStep and thus don't know how this
context help worked there.

I think so. Even if it has the interesst of potentially displaying more help on
a specific subject than tooltips (but I think tooltips will do the job fine for
99%)

I'd prefer working tooltips anyway and a main help file for the app.

same.

BTW, you wrote you were trying to implement tooltips. How far did you get, and
is there anything I can do?

Well it basically works, but there are some bugs, mainly when you move the
nsviews involved -- the tracking rects are recalculated but are wrong.
It was something coded quickly for Panel.app, but it's not finished, I need to
take a deeper look in it. I think I had put a tgz on
http://www.roard.com/download/Panel.tgz

--
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com>
http://info.xdev.org/projets/waiho