Getting NSToolbar working

From: Alan West
Subject: Getting NSToolbar working
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:56:05 +0000

Hi all,

GNUstep is all still a bit new to me but...

I've written an example app (based on a website article) which uses NSToolbar in an attempt to get it working. I've found that NSToolbar uses a GSToolbarView (inherits NSView), which doesn't appear to ever be allocated anywhere. Looking at the documentation I get the impression NSToolbar wouldn't need an NSView object as an NSToolbar would appear on screen as a collection of controls arranged in a particular way.

So should I try to get it working with its original intention of using GSToolbarView, or remove GSToolbarView meaning each toolbar's buttons/controls would be subviews of a window?

Thanks
Alan