Re: Getting NSToolbar working

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Getting NSToolbar working
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:22:12 -0700

What about using a GSVbox or GSHbox?

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 05:43 PM, Gregory Casamento wrote:

Alan,

I was, for a time, working on NSToolbar, and NSToolbarItem.

I am the current maintainer of Gorm (the interface builder clone), so NSToolbar became a second priority behind getting Gorm to work (which it does now).

The idea was that the GSToolbarView would serve as a container for the controls
in the toolbar.   You are welcome to change whatever you need to get it
working. :)

Thanks!

GJC
--- Alan West <alan@alanz.com> wrote:
Hi all,

GNUstep is all still a bit new to me but...

I've written an example app (based on a website article) which uses
NSToolbar in an attempt to get it working. I've found that NSToolbar
uses a GSToolbarView (inherits NSView), which doesn't appear to ever be
allocated anywhere. Looking at the documentation I get the impression
NSToolbar wouldn't need an NSView object as an NSToolbar would appear on
screen as a collection of controls arranged in a particular way.

So should I try to get it working with its original intention of using
GSToolbarView, or remove GSToolbarView meaning each toolbar's
buttons/controls would be subviews of a window?

Thanks
Alan

=====
Gregory John Casamento