Re: suggestion [was: Re: GNUSTEP/linux]

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: suggestion [was: Re: GNUSTEP/linux]
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:48:23 +0100

On 2003-02-05 15:14:31 +0100 Martin Brecher <martin@mb-itconsulting.com> wrote:

Bundle directories are already very nice. But couldn't this be expanded to have
one-file bundles like MyApp.app.zip, MyLoadableBundle.bundle.zip,
MyWindow.gorm.zip?

This would allow to _really_ easily export bundles on the web or per email or the like.
"Hey, just drop my app [.app.zip] into your Applications folder and you're ready to
go."

I agree, having the equivalent of ".dmg" files on gnustep would be great.

Users won't even have to extract them first. Otherwise FreeTar.app would be a
Chicken and Egg problem for gui-only users. ;-)

Well I think this should be a basic feature of GWorkspace (knowing how to handle
tar files of zip files -- just for this case)

OpenOffice uses zipped folders for its documents I find that quite nice.

I guess it won't work for frameworks which are needed at compile time, though.

Well I don't think it's a good idea to not unzip them :)
Greetings,
Martin

--
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com>